Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year

Okay so I guess I am in a bit of denial. I still have the big Christmas Tree up and our Christmas village. (Gregg has been gracious enough to take the downstairs tree down) but I have Christmas boxes everywhere....what am I doing? As I was driving the kids to school today it donned on me...it is not January 1st it is January 5th!!!

I don't know about everyone else, but I have had seriously the most relaxing and great holiday I haven't wanted it to end. I just keep thinking when the holiday's are over. HELLO! they have been over for many, many days now. I need to get off my big ol' fudgy enjoyed butt and get back to work!

We hope you all enjoyed your New Year as much as we did. I guess I sound so mean saying this, but this is the first year we have let the boys stay up and celebrate the new year?! Weird I know? But I guess they have always been so crabby the next day with out their sleep it has totally been out of the question. This year we had a little party as a family. It was so fun. I have seen this idea a number of times on Family Fun (best family fun ideas ever familyfun.com).

Basically I just had these bags for the boys to open at the beginning of each hour! Best $13 I have ever spent on entertainment. I tell you I am a sleepy gal myself and find it hard to stay up sometimes and this even kept me going. Time went by so fast. Here is what was in it:

8:00 - Candy (start the night off right you know)- Airheads & Peanut butter cups for the boys; Snickers for Gregg and a 3 Musketeers for me!

9:00 - Movies depending on their mood - Indiana Jones Kingdom of the Crystal Skull or Kung Fu Panda

10:00 - Popcorn - they didn't even realize they didn't have it at the beginning of the movie...weird especially for my boys!

11:00 - party poppers and confetti poppers (getting ready for the next big hour)

12:00 - silly string!!

What a mess, but so much fun! We really had a ball.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

oooh GREAT idea. i wish i had thought of something like that. my girls both made it up until midnight but we were all just hanging out - i'll have to keep this in mind for next year!

Steph said...

See what I mean...you are so creative....I need you to rub off on me.