I love Valentines day. I don't know why but I think I just really love all of the holidays! Even though it is mostly a 'girly' holiday we had fun just the same.
We of course started out with the school valentine's parties. Jaxon made the cute little mailbox at school, where all of the kids had the same one that they were able to embellish with their own likes. Jaxon decorated his with an electric guitar that just screams love! :)
Kaden got the opportunity to have the coveted 'hand me down' from papa valentine box this year. Last year Jaxon asked his Papa to make him a valentine box shaped like a his dad's electric guitar! I think it turned out pretty cool and the fact we could use it again made it even cooler!For the parties this year, I helped out with the snack and stories! My friend came up with the cute snack. We had a 'valentine float'. This was cherry 7-up with of course vanilla ice cream and a red vine licorice to use as the straw! How cute is that?
I made some valentines myself for my own valentines in my life....
Jaxon helped me to get these out...He had a lot of fun being sneaky and not getting caught! He did good and only got caught once out of the seven stops we made (and that only being caught with the help of the ever wonderful nose of Patty the dog!).
Kaden and Zeke were sick.....that really stinks because Kaden had to miss out on his last basketball game and his outing with Dad for the Ute basketball game. He willingly gave his tickets to Nana and Papa who enjoyed their Valentines day!And as a parent I know everyone knows illness falls full circle....Now Gregg and I are falling ill. And as I type I feel awful and am going to bed!
I do hope everyone had a good Valentines Day!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Happy Valentines Day!
Posted by Carrie at 9:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
We all spent Valentine's Day in bed being sick. Hope you feel better soon. P.S. Your blog looks different...did you change it? Looks nice.
hope you feel better soon! it is hard when the kids are sick, and then you get sick...well, sometimes it just seems like someone is always sick!
get well!
I hope you guys all start to feel better. We went through it last week with Skyler, he was one sick dude. By the way thanks for the V-day treats. They hit the spot!
gregg just pointed out the new title block on your blog - so i checked it out....WOW - you did that yourself? did it take long to figure out? truly, i need lessons from you. i have photoshop elements too and have never opened it. i'm impressed!
ha ha sorry jaxon got caught. I tried to keep paddy inside, but he's too strong. and your pictures at the top are awesome. that's way cool.
I love your little valentines gifts. They looks so fun and cute. I am sorry you are sick. I think it is so hard to be sick when you are the mom. Hope you get better soon.
Happy Valentine's Day to you. So sorry about the sick-bug, yuck.
What a cute treat idea for the class party. I'll have to remember that for next year.
Post a Comment