
I have the strangest boys ever! How many boys out there love cold cereal? Mine don't. Let me tell you, I have tried all kinds. One is too crunchy, one is too soggy, one is just too gross. So finally I just picked one that I liked when I was a kid 'Life Cereal'. I really like it now too. But I am eating 'Kashi Go Lean Crunch' on cereal mornings, just because! Anyway, so every week when it is cereal morning (basically the mornings we are in a rush and I can't make the chocolate chip pancakes or waffles) I cringe thinking how am I going to so delicately offer the oh so yummy cold cereal I know they love so much. Well this morning I offered Kaden the Life cereal, he said, "I don't like it". I said, "How do you know, you have never tried it?" Kaden said, "I don't like strawberries." The child has never tried strawberries or any fruit for that matter. Don't ask me, he is the weirdest kid around (next to Jaxon). I love fruit and try to offer my kids fruit all the time. Kaden is so stubborn he will not eat anything if you tell him it is fruit. Vegetables on the other hand he will try? I know, I know so weird. So anyway, I proceeded to tell him, "there are no strawberries in the cereal." He says, "why are there strawberries on the packages then?" I said, "I don't know to make it look pretty?" Needless to say, he tried it and really likes it now.
Fast forward two days later, again it is a busy morning and I tell Gregg we can have cereal, I made the boys pancakes. Gregg proceeds to say, "I don't like that cereal." "What?" I say. He says, "I hate berries!" Once again, there are berries on the package......not in the cereal!
Do boys ever grow up?
Monday, March 16, 2009
Like Father Like Son
Posted by Carrie at 3:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
NO! This is hilarious! Just so you know per the heart doctor, oatmeal does not lower your colesterol. Steve was disappointed!
So funny. We are SUCH a cereal family around here. My kids would die {or starve} if we didn't have 7 different boxes at a time!
This is so funny... My children can not figure out how to eat cereal... I feel their bowls up and they just stair at it with a look on their face "what am I to do with this"... I am cooking breakfast every day... I wish we could have some cereal day's.
I laughed out loud on that one! I can just see it and hear it too. TOOOO FUNNY!
I hope you are doing great! Haven't talked with you or blogged forever!
ha that's funny. i don't like cereal though. I stick with bagels or something. do you always fix pancakes (besides cereal mornings)?????
Post a Comment