
So I finally did it! I wanted some maternity shots taken as this is our last baby! I was nervous to do it but my friend Rhonda was kind enough to take some! She did a great job and I am so glad I have them! As we all know things are forgotten, it is nice to have a photo to remember and hopefully remind us of memorable moments.
Being pregnant is an absolutely amazing thing only us women are fortunate to experience. What a trip to think that there is a living being inside us. How can someone question God and be pregnant. What an amazing thing to experience! While this pregnancy was certainly not my most relaxing and enjoyable time of my life, being my last made me think of things differently. Instead of waiting and waiting for it to be over I lived in the moment.
I/we had a really hard time even deciding whether we were going to have another baby as it was. It was only after months of anxiety over the whole question of whether to try again or not that it hit me like a ton of bricks. We were supposed to try. So since I/we were so begrudgingly going to try again I gave it 'one more month'. If it was going to happen it would happen that month if not I was done. My deal was done! It happened. It happened with Gregg gone 3 weeks out of the month....it happened because it was supposed to!
I was sick for the majority of the 9 months. Not throwing up, but sicker like the flu. I usually never throw up anyway. In fact, the last time I threw up I was 12 years old!? But I got the most intense pain and headaches ever! In fact, the only thing that would make my headaches go away was to take a nap. Gregg thankfully let me do that and took the kids. One time I had a headache so bad that I laid down. When I got up, I had popped a blood vessel in my eye!? OUCH! My 'morning sickness' was usually every 'afternoon' until 'evening'. I was so sick to my stomach and sometimes in pain in my stomach. But by morning it was gone and all was well!
Sleep...or lack of sleep! I think for the entire 9 months I would wake up at 1:00 or 2:00 on the dot! I would be awake for roughly 2-3 hours and not be able to go back to sleep. I remember thinking there is NO POSSIBLE way the baby could keep me up once she is born.
Girl or boy! Having 3 boys every girl can understand a desire to share girliness....right? Well I remember thinking before we had Zeke that there was a girl for us. After we had Zeke and then a miscarriage I questioned my feelings. I mean come on 3 boys?! That is SO MUCH! I didn't know for sure if I would be able to handle another boy.....I love my boys but sometimes I feel totally left out! :) Gregg knew from the beginning of the pregnancy that it was a girl. Was he relying on my 'feelings'? I don't know. I was trying really hard not to be 'let down' and refused to think of it being a girl. When we had the 20 week ultrasound I asked the technician roughly 10 times to check and recheck....I think she thought we were crazy. It was a girl!
There really are times when I am so fortunate to be a woman and to be able to experience this amazing thing of life! :)
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Anxiously waiting!!
Posted by Carrie at 3:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
well...it's about time you update the blog. as you know i LOVE the first picture....one of the best!
You're absolutely beautiful and radiant!
Post a Comment