So in one of my earlier posts I referred to the plethora of birthday parties we were going to have for Jaxon this year. Sunday was the Petersen party. One of the things I always try to do is make them a special birthday cake. I don't always get to it, but I really really try. I am sure it is because of the cool birthday cakes my Mom used to make me (I especially loved the princess cakes--you know the ones with the barbie in the middle and the flowing dress.....man I loved those cakes).
This year Jaxon wanted a football cake. It didn't work out as I had planned. I think it actually worked out better with all of the mistakes. I don't know, I was pleased. I think he was too!
So I will point out some of the really stupid things I did on this cake trying to make it cool, but that only the really dorky ones (like me) would notice. First the JDPU--is for Jaxon Drake Petersen University. Then if you notice the yardage only goes to '8' yards....I am guessing you can think why--I know isn't that stupid. As for the football, I actually baked that part of the cake in a bread pan and carved it. And of course Gregg actually contributed (I think because he saw how it was going and thought it was cool too). He made the goal posts out of straws!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Birthday a-go-go
Posted by Carrie at 9:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i LOVE your cakes. you always do such a nice job. i wish i had your talent!
i tried to make a 'castle' cake for alexandra a few years ago and it barely stayed together. kind of a droopy castle.
great job and i am sure he loved it!
It tasted good too!
the cake looks great!
Looks fabulous to me!
Post a Comment