Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Boys will be boys!

I am now in Webelos! And yesterday we went on a Field trip. My den assistant and I took the boys to Harmon's for a lesson on Nutrition [or so we thought!]. We walked around the whole store and the sweet little worker pointed out the boxes left out to be stocked. We talked for a moment about healthy frozen food. Moving on to the milk and cheeses. There shortly after to be brought to a halt by the boys and one of the most important things that caught their eyes.

Yes, you see it....it is the 'Boston Butt Roast'. Oh the laughter that ensued!

Then we went on to the fruits and vegetables [by this time the other leader and I were almost embarrassed at the fact this tour was so informative we could have taken the boys by ourselves. However we quickly walked through the produce section and stopped at the bakery. The boys were enamored at the thought of a delicious m & m cookie they got to have for free! We finished up the tour and walked over to the lounge section [well we did have a little bit of groceries to pick up!]. The boys ate their cookies [oh and they got an apple too] and we bought them a donut from said bakery. Well the next thing that caught thier eyes...... yes, 'Naked Juice'!

So lesson to all cub scouts teaches your boys where they can find 'butts' and 'naked' in the same place that is totally legal!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! Ahh, yes. Boys will be boys.

jenn said...

Oh, that is too funny! And so true. Boys...

jenn said...

ps- Love, love, love your new blog header. Do you hire? I'm serious. I would love for you to design my blog for me. While I have somewhat of a handle on photography and paper scrapbooking, the whole digi-scene is super foreign. I'd love for you to give me a make-over. Seriously! Let me know what you would charge...

:)