Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas

This Christmas just flew by..... If I didn't know any better I would almost say it missed us. So much has changed....so much! So much to get used to....so much. So much adjusting....still trying to adjust.

This Christmas was just totally different. With our new little one here things went different. I didn't do the day after Christmas shopping like I usually do. I did get a list. When 4'oclock rolled around (and I was up feeding Ella) the thought rolled around in my head of 'oh I should just go and meet them'. Then the momma in me kicked in and when I looked over at the thermometer that read 10 degrees outside I shivered bundled Ella back up and went back to bed.....Gregg did pretty good actually. He intended on going in the morning (not 4am) and get the stuff on the Christmas list. However, he in his true form didn't really get going until around 3 in the afternoon. At which time he tidied up the house then got ready and went. I think it was an eye opener for him. When he first called me at the store and said 'Carrie this is stupid they don't have anything on the list' I replied, 'well people have been shopping for over 12 hours and they are probably all gone, (which is part of the reason we go at 4am--the other part to be with sisters!). He scored and got almost everything on the list anyway. He spent more than he should have (as usual) but I think he had a little bit of fun, and was pretty proud too! :)
Isn't this just was Christmas is all about? I just love sweet brother hugs....this came right after Zeke opened his pillow pet dolphin he wanted so bad. Jaxon gave it to him.
It is so funny how much they look alike...with the exception of eye color (for now). They are both little brownies and have so many of the same looks.
Jaxon could be found in this position if I let him all day everyday! Seriously! He loved the awesome rocker video game chairs they got and had to try it out playing his new game.
Kaden's favorite of the year was his Bandit. Oh how he loves it. He thinks he rocks at it. In fact, a couple of days after Christmas he told me he had a dream he was in a professional RC race and he won! He jumped over the snow all day with his bandit.
dun, dun dun dun da dun dun da dun....(if you don't get it it is supposed to be the star wars theme music for Darth Vader) Zeke sings this over and over and over and over and over and...well you get the idea. He LOVED his Anakin Starfighter this year. He is zooming it as we speak! :)
Sweet little Ella, didn't make a peep this year... She loved her little pink hippo Zeke gave her. And she will one day appreciate all the effort her daddy put into her room too!
Nana and Papa have been coming over for years for breakfast...since the Nordfelts have decided it is too much for them to pack up right after opening presents in the morning and trekking for 5 hours to get here for Christmas day! ( I can't say as I blame them) But sadly to me, I started doing Christmas morning in place of it and Smarts and Drapers came. Then Smarts decided they didn't want to. My other sisters didn't want to participate either....this really hurt my feelings so I decided I just couldn't do it any more. I can't keep getting my feelings hurt on Christmas because my sisters don't want to spend time together......so I don't do Christmas breakfast with anyone other than my family. It is still a great time. In fact, this year Gregg cooked it for us. He pulled out the Camp Chef and put on his shorts and boots and went out and braved the chilly air and made us pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs and hash browns. yummy! Love you hunny!

0 comments: