Sunday, December 12, 2010

Jaxon -- Tackle Football!


Where do I start??? Well first of all I really hate to blame my absence on anyone thing....but honestly if I had to it would be Bingham Ute Football of 2010!!! I was asked to be the team mom. Being the team mom along with 2 other very active boys, being pregnant and starting a new school year.....it was all I could do to stay afloat with that aside from blogging. But it is so important to me as one day when I get all caught up on my scrapbooking.....this will become so very important to me as it will become my handwritten (computer typed rather) memories!

So yes, this year Jaxon played tackle football. This was his second year playing. He is so aggressive this is HIS sport! Last year he made the weight class and avoided getting an X on his helmet (which indicates he is only to play on the line and not run the ball or run down field. This helps to avoid injuries to smaller players!). However since he is so aggressive and strong he still played the line. This year he wanted to play tight end or line backer so we Y'd him up to the next age/weight class. He played with the PeeWees! He had a lot of fun. However, he only got to play line backer during a couple of games. He still did really well. At 9 he was playing with 10 and 11 year old boys and was bigger and stronger than many of them! He played mostly left tackle for offense and defense. He did get to play center and middle line backer sometimes.

Jaxon's blocked punt!!!
I can't believe how much he played better than last year. I guess that is just Jaxon though. He needs to get a complete understanding of the game before he plays his best. That is how it was with soccer too! His coaches were so impressed with him! Jaxon has a bit of a soft heart (when he wants to that is). His defensive Coach Peterson told all the boys he would be sitting at the end of each practice for 1/2 hour with his white board waiting for the boys to ask him questions! Well when the Coach told him that he got in the car and was just about in tears because he felt bad that his Coach was sitting there waiting for someone to ask him questions and no one came to ask him questions. He was really upset at that! So I suggested a question he could ask him. Jaxon ran over to him and sat with him for almost the full half an hour talking to him asking him questions! He felt so much better when he got back into the car. That question asking session went for nearly every practice after that. Knowing Jaxon, he just asked him questions to ask them too. I am sure he learned a lot by asking them, but did so mostly so Coach Peterson wouldn't be sitting there by himself! That is my boy! :)

TACKLE!!!
FUMBLE RECOVERY!!!
I could go on and on about football as it took over my life for all of August, September and October!!! But I will stop there! I was busy doing a blog for the team though again part of the reason for my blogging absence. I can only read one book at a time...as well as only blog one at a time! It is over....will I ever be a team mom again...? Well let me tell you begrudgingly I will. I do have 3 boys you know, I don't anticipate getting out of roughly 10 years of football only being team mom once! :) Besides it is not about me being team mom it is about the boys having fun and learning to play hard and work together as a team! Mission accomplished!

1 comments:

Rhonda said...

wow - you have been so busy!! i commend you for being team mom and even considering doing it again!