We have been a little floored by the amount of work Jaxon has had so far in his 2nd grade class. The first week of school we got a note home saying he would be presenting a demonstration speech to teach the class how to do something he has learned in a book he read. Well I was completely surprised, scared and anxious as to what he would do. He said he wanted to do a science experiment. Okay, but I went and looked and looked and only could find very big science experiments, not ones appropriate for 2nd graders. Then in frustration we were leaving the library and Jaxon ran across a bunch of Chess books. Jaxon knows how much his Dad loves to play chess and has played with him a few times. So he thought this would be great. He read those books probably 5-6 times each and knew exactly what he was talking about. He played his Dad over and over and the last few times Gregg said he even really had to step it up because Jaxon almost won......no, Gregg never let's anyone win even his kids (especially not me--I don't play chess for that reason but any other game either).
We went and watched him present this knowledge to the class. He is so good. I am such a terrible speaker. He definately takes after his Dad. I am much to shy to speak infront of a bunch of people! I HATED public speaking in college!!!! Jaxon has been what we call a politician since he was born. He is always working the crowd! He can weasel anything he really wants from anyone (in a good way), again much like his Dad full of charm and charisma! Love that characteristic in my boys!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Little Politician
Posted by Carrie at 10:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jaxon:
Your getting so big so fast. 2nd Grade already! Boy does time fly.
It looks like you did a great job on your presentation. Way to go big fella!
that is so wonderful! i can just imagine him standing there spreading the charm around!
Pete, I didn't know you played chess. Kurt and I have been playing on and off for the past 4 years on Yahoo games. We'll totally have connect up one night via Internet and I can work you over. Jake
Post a Comment