WOW did I get a wonderfully nice Mother's day! I loved the paint so much in the front room and family room I threw it out to Gregg and said I would like the entry and upstairs hallway painted for Mother's day! (thinking I would get the 'yea right' in reply) and to my surprise he said okay! So Gregg worked his tail off......
As I have said before Gregg does not have the best balance and because of such he is a little afraid of heights. Therefore when I suggested it, knowing we have a 18 foot entry way, I knew I would be doing that part of it! Luckily our friends have a scaffolding we borrowed otherwise there is no way we could have done it!
Well after painting the front room, dinning room and now the entry and hallway I was exhausted and did not want to do any more painting! So we stayed up LATE!!! When I got home from a friends basketball game that night I was pooped and wanted to go to bed at 9! I was so tempted to just let Gregg finish. But I knew better. It was either help him out and get it finished tonight or have a mess for another few days (we had more baseball and soccer games)!Then after about 1 in the morning we were so tired you could tell! We were almost finished. We only had the final touch ups and this happened!
We could have died! Gregg accidentally grabbed the trim color paint and NOT the ceiling paint! YIKES! I didn't catch it either until Gregg said, 'um Carrie look at the ceiling!' So needless to say my bedtime at 9 ended up at 3 the next morning! We waited for the mess up to dry and then we painted over it in the right ceiling paint!
Oh well it looks fantastic and I could not have gotten a better Mother's day present!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Mother's Day
Posted by Carrie at 1:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ahhh -- i would be so mad if that happened... I bet your house just looks fantastic...!
Looks fabulous.
The "mishap" would have totally happened to us too! We so have that kind of luck.
wow...turned out great!! love the color you picked. 18 ft ceiling...umm, that's a bit high!!
How did I miss this post? Great color! Dang, those decorating mishaps!
Post a Comment